Sempurna

This song will be continuously played in my head as of 30/01/09

"I would still like to wish everyone, a Happy New Year to all of you. May Allah will always blessed us with the happiness that we all wish for every single day. May our hopes will not ever diminish by our everyday problems. May our faith in each other grow stronger each day even if things pushes us to let go of each other. May all our dreams come true even if our everyday struggle with life keeps us away from our dreams. Amin.."
Monday, December 17, 2007

I encountered a roadblock last night at Sengkurong. Note that my car was still quite new. License plate even started with KM (we are now registering KN). I have never modified my car and I have no plans to do so. I was stopped and two female policewomen was thoroughly checking out my car. The policewoman on the left was really eyeing my car and she was even checking my roadtax. Roadtax?? What?? Emm DUHHH.. don't you see that my car's brand new by the license plate??? Even my car model's new! I'm sure the Land transport Dept wouldn't have let my car go into the streets with a KM license if I didn't have a roadtax which by logic would be new of course! What astounded me was the policewoman on the right was even checking out my passenger seat and the body of my car... Again, note that my passengers were wearing seatbelts so we were abiding the safety rules. Note again, I didnt have any bodykits, modified rims or tyres. STOCK CAR still!!! Note: Stock car is the original car itself. No modifications made. What made me unsatisfied was after all that she said "Ok lah" as if I had something on my car which wasn't to their satisfaction but she was letting me go! "Ok lah" ??? Thats all? She should have said "ok" but she said "Ok lah" !! Made me blabbing all the way home.. &%^*$!!!!

It's sad that after so many deaths from Road accidents in Brunei that the relevant authorities have just started to take action. They are now conducting Road Safety Campaigns with the Ministers and District Officers even joining to the streets to advise people upfront. Sad really considering the fact that this problem was actually acknowledged 10 years ago!!! and yet they were still laid back...Enjoying the scenery.. For the past 10 years, I have seen not much campaigning on road safety. Fining and speed cameras are still at their minimum, ESPECIALLY fining. The system has always been the same in combatting road safety. To make things worse, roadblocks would only be concentrating on car bodykits, small license plates, tinted windows. Yeaahh....lets educate our generation that small license plates, car bodykits and tinted windows causes accidents.. and I thought its from the drivers attitude and ethics that causes them. Instead of those things, we should educate the public and concentrate on the attitude and the ethics. I can't imagine how people who installed sport springs are fined when those people are the ones who drive slow coz of the regular "humping" (excuse the word) motion!! They can't drive fast esp on the condition of our roads. I think its time all of us esp relevant authorties to attend a crash course on CARS, road safety and ways on driving.

1 comments:

HotMaMa said...

hahaha.. i can already imagine your face and blabbling after your little incident.

Post a Comment