Sempurna

This song will be continuously played in my head as of 30/01/09

"I would still like to wish everyone, a Happy New Year to all of you. May Allah will always blessed us with the happiness that we all wish for every single day. May our hopes will not ever diminish by our everyday problems. May our faith in each other grow stronger each day even if things pushes us to let go of each other. May all our dreams come true even if our everyday struggle with life keeps us away from our dreams. Amin.."
Monday, January 21, 2008

Universal Cafe, a local establishment located in Seria Town, has been around for more than 50years. Run by two Hainanese brothers, with their elderly mother in the background, the cafe, is unique in its own ways. They only serve drinks such as Teh C, Teh O, you know, the works and bread delicacies. Yup, no kway teow, kolo mee, or other pan fried items. Except for the egg lah hehe While sitting drinking and enjoying your meal, you'll notice the furniture is old kopitiam style, the cooking methods used are truly classic! I used to come here every Friday and Sunday morning before my grandfather would send me and my brother back to KB after spending the nite in Sungai Liang. We would be really early in the morning around 7am. I have always loved the food here and last week, I found out that I still do. I haven't been to the cafe for around 10 -15years I think. Its amazing how everything in the cafe still looks the same. What is also special that the food still tastes the same too. I truly recommend this to everyone as a must visit place when you're in Seria town. Though be aware that this shop closes pretty early at 5pm. Yup, 5pm! but they open really early in the morning so its an ideal place for you to have your breakfast. Its a favourite among the locals, both the young and old.


Teh C!! I spilled some of it hehe

Toast Bread with Butter with Sugar on the side. Yes you dip your toast onto the sugar!
My personal favourite.


French toast. You can have it with cheese in the inside too! This is one of the favourites among the patrons


Bread with Cold butter and Kaya on the inside. Yum! The taste is different from anywhere.



Aaahh... this is a must try. The egg sandwhich. It sounds ordinary but the bread, its so fluffy yet tasty. You'd want more of it.




The desert. The jelly ice-cream

The surroundings will just amaze you. I myself cannot believe that the shop still looks exactly the same just as it is, 10 years ago! From the furniture, the cupboards, the glassware, even the interior!



You see the controls for the fans?? That is also classic!!

One of the brothers making the drinks. You can actually see him scooped up boiling water from the stove. I dont know what to actually call it. You can also see that's where they toast the bread. Simply unique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment